What are you making the most of in 2018?
Mel Robbins TEDx talk mentions how scientists have estimated the probability of you being born and it’s about one in 400 trillion. Just think about that for a second…. Yeah! That’s what I thought. You’re pretty god damn special. Despite all odds you were born as you. No other person in the world will ever be you. Why then do we feel the need to live mediocre lives, never truly having the courage to achieve our greatness? Michelangelo nailed it “The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too high and falling short; but in setting our aim too low, and achieving our mark.”
Dress rehearsals are not what this life is about. We only have one shot and I truly believe “Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming “Wow! What a ride.” – Hunter S Thompson
Our souls need exploration and growth to truly thrive. Tony Robbins says it well in his talk about why we do what we do. Our four basic human needs are certainty, variety, significance, connection and love and the fifth and sixth relate to our spirit needs, growth and contribution to something beyond ourselves.
Stop being ordinary and start excelling in life by ceasing to tell yourself these 3 common lies:
- I don’t have enough money.
- I don’t have enough time.
- I could never do that.
- When you want something badly enough you’ll go to the lengths required to do it. Considering the average person spends more time planning and spending on their annual holiday I’m sure there’s a budget you could devise to split your money up more evenly. Or cut back on some things that aren’t necessities.
- Everybody has 24 hours in a day. I bet when you break it down and look at it closely there are areas that are going to waste. Ask yourself: “What do I need to stop doing to create more time for the important things which create long term change?” Chances are you’re not busy, it’s just not a priority for you.
- You are your only limit. If you think you can’t, you won’t. Time to do some investigating in your beliefs. Is that really what you want to think for the rest of your life? Do you want to believe that you are incapable of success and what you dream for?
The decision is over to you, hit the snooze button or get up and make the most of what you’ve got.